Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Harvest, Service, and Preparation

We had a busy day with my baby grandson and daughter in law visiting today.  I did some gardening, gathering some blackberries with thorns and feeding them to the bunnies.  I don't know if you would consider weeds fed to bunnies as a harvest, but the bunnies sure do!
I also got four Anaheim peppers, four eggs, and my daughter in law harvested some rosemary to dry and use in her cooking tonight.  Yesterday we got two eggs.

Another thing I've been doing this week is a bit of hedge trimming and car cleaning for the neighbors.  They only asked us to watch the house, collect the mail, and watch the dog for a few days until the relatives can pick her up, but their yard has been driving me nuts.  They've been too busy to do much yard work this summer because she went to Ethiopia and he put in new floors while she was gone.  Now that they are on a family vacation, it's been working for me to snip a little here and there each day while my kids do the house sitting part.  It's beginning to look better.

We also are getting ready to send off hubby to Nicaragua for three weeks.  The suitcases are open in the dining room, and tomorrow we shuffle things around to get two 50 lb. bags of medicines, birthing kits, Bibles, videos, tooth brushes and toothpaste, first aid kits, computers, etc. to the people in remote areas in Nicaragua and Honduras.  Hopefully it will all go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment