Monday, August 8, 2011

The Little Stuff

  I can either choose to build up hurt in my heart over the actions of others, or I can allow God to sort things out and let it go...


That's what I wrote on my Facebook page this morning.  After a night of trying to go over and over in my head the actions and words of someone who hurt me, and feeling disappointed and let down, I have decided to not sweat the small stuff.  It's just too hard on my body, mind, and spirit.
  
I choose to forgive and let go.


I choose to enjoy washing dishes by hand and try to fix the broken dishwasher myself rather than fume over what else I'd rather be doing.


I choose to enjoy spending time with the kids despite their RAD, PTSD, and FASD behaviors.  And I choose to extend grace to them, knowing they are going through a difficult time.  


I choose to work steadily and slowly, organizing the house before the school year starts next week, rather than to be overwhelmed by the amount of work left to do.


I choose to trust that God is taking care of Hubby, even in a remote part of Nicaragua where there isn't cell coverage.  I choose to not worry about Hubby riding in dugout canoes with motors on the open Caribbean Sea during hurricane season.  I choose to dwell on what good things he has done so far in Nicaragua, and not dwell on missing him or worrying about him.


I choose to take a step back...Breathe...Enjoy life...Enjoy creation...Enjoy family...Enjoy others...Enjoy God.

No comments:

Post a Comment