Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Waiting for the Bridegroom

This last little bit of waiting for Hubby to return to cell service is the hardest.  He is in a remote part of Nicaragua, traveling on a little boat to villages on the Caribbean.  So many times we have to wait for things in life, a new baby, plants to grow, children to mature, seeing loved ones who are far away, weddings, Christmas, seeing God face to face...

Waiting is so difficult.

But it is so worth it in the end.  So many times I wonder why God makes it so we have to wait for just about everything.  He could arrange life it so we are rewarded immediately.  But He doesn't.  Maybe He likes to see our face when we finally receive the gift He is giving us, just like we enjoy seeing the faces of children on Christmas morning.  Maybe He knows we would appreciate His gifts and others around us if we have more time to anticipate the reward.  Maybe waiting helps us grow in ways we wouldn't have otherwise.  I don't know...

But what I do know, is that I don't feel very patient.  I can't wait to hear Hubby's voice.  I can't wait to see God face to face.  And I want to learn to enjoy anticipation, waiting, and yearning.

No comments:

Post a Comment