Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hula Hooping!

I was encouraged by Christine at welcometomybrain.net to do a hula hoop 30/30 challenge.  Hoop 30 days of September for 30 minutes a day.  Well, I'm pretty much a procrastinator, especially when busy and stressed, so I didn't get the hoops made until the middle of the month.  So I'm going to try to do 15 minutes a day for 15 days.  Somewhere in her website, she has directions on how to make a hoop that an adult can use!  It is pretty easy once you get the right materials.  And all you who think hula hooping is impossible, this 50 year old woman was able to do it right away!

Habits are best made in little bites anyway, aren't they?  Reading the Bible, flossing, exercising, journaling, eating right, making the bed...All those things we have big ideas to do but don't end up doing any of it because we tackle too much at once and can't do it for the long haul...At least for me they are best started in ten or fifteen minute intervals, because, hey, after all, it's just a short time!  You can do just about anything for ten minutes!

So here is a picture of day one.  I think I did more than 15 minutes, but it was so fun!  I even got Hubby, Black Belt Daughter, and Mr. I to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment