Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Made With Love

I am almost done with a quilt for Ms D.  She picked out the fabric last spring, and I have been working on it all summer.  My fingers on my left hand are like dog paws because of the hand quilting.  This morning I was looking at it and noticed that even though it is a kid's quilt, I have been quilting it at 8 stitches/inch.  Now for those of you who aren't quilters, that is pretty fine work!  And Ms D might not appreciate it.  But that's OK, because I made it with love.

How many times do we do good things for our loved ones, or even strangers, that aren't noticed or appreciated? Probably more than we would like.  We generally want people to acknowledge and appreciate our efforts.  How many times do we get put out because someone didn't send a thank you card, or at least say thank you?  How many times do we grumble in our hearts because the family hardly notices that we have been cooking in the heat or cleaned up their messes behind them?  And it isn't just in families either, because the workplace is filled with people who work their tails off, and no one seems to notice.  But there is someone who notices...

I have to think that if I do good things for others, that even if they don't recognize it, God sees it.  I have to think that the effort I put into serving others will show God's love for them.  And I hope that I will recognize and thank others for their efforts.  And most of all, I want to appreciate and thank God, who has given us so much more than we can imagine, yet we so often don't see it.

Father,
Thank you for all you have done for me.  Open my eyes to see the things You and others have done.  Help me to show my appreciation and thankfulness.  Help me to show others love, even when it isn't returned.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment