Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Meditating on God's Grace

This evening, as I was taking down the clothes from the line, I was thinking about my relationship to my kids.  The older ones show kindness to me in different ways, and I really enjoy being with them and seeing how they are growing into awesome adults.  The younger ones lie, mock me, whine, and cause all sorts of grief sometimes.  But you know what?  I love them just as much!  I'd give my life for them.  I still do all I can to help them to have a good life, even when they are pushing me away.

So when I was peacefully taking the clothes down I felt a nudge from God.  I felt Him saying to me, "Just as you love your kids unconditionally, even when they mess up, I love you unconditionally. I love you no matter what you do."

So this evening I'm meditating on God's grace.  He is more loving and forgiving than I can imagine.  Yes, he wants me to have a good life, and if I choose the wrong path it may not go as well as if I stay with Him. But no matter what path I choose, His love is still there.  Just like I know that my kids have had a hard start in life with FASD, RAD, trauma, and sin in general and I still love them, God knows we have a hard start also in sin and He still loves us.

I am so inclined to go towards a works model of living, yet He gives me reminders to receive His love, forgiveness, atonement, and acceptance.  Thank you, Lord, for your perfect love.  Thank you for giving me the opportunity to see your love through the adoption of my kids.  Help me to know your love in a deeper way and show others this love.

No comments:

Post a Comment