Friday, September 16, 2011

Next up: Women's Retreat!

Wooohooo!  I'm about to skip town and head on out to a women's retreat.  It is only a one day es-ca-pe (pronounced like Dori does in Nemo), but those of us who need to go early and set up are staying overnight at a woman's house near the retreat!  Whoohooo!  I so need a little break!  I think mommies everywhere need a day off here and there.  It's such an all consuming job, and we need to recharge! Of course, the family isn't that thrilled, but they'll like it in the long run.  Trust me!

Today a few of us were getting some of the food ready for tomorrow, making the wraps, cutting the fruit, etc.  We were talking about what women need to take care of ourselves.  We need to have time to do a Bible study or other heady stuff to feed our minds and spirits.  But we also need to feed our bodies right and exercise.  I added that we also need to do something creative, sewing, cooking, art, music, dance, etc. to feed that part of us too.  Another added service, though to me that seems to come pretty natural, and being a mom of kids with issues assures me of not just living for myself! :-)

So often we neglect to do these things and we end up burned out.  Or we spend too much time on one of them and neglect the others.  I hope I can fit a little of each of these things in every day so that I can run the long race that is set before me.  I don't have to do much, but a little exercise, a little meditating on God's word and listening to Him, a little artistic stuff, and some serving is good.  I wonder what else would build me up for the long haul?

No comments:

Post a Comment