Sunday, October 2, 2011

Washcloths and Rooftop Garden

The past two days I crocheted four washcloths.  I was starting to run low on washcloths since the old ones have been used so many times.  I really like the cotton ones I make myself.  They sop up messes and are great for washing dishes while my dishwasher is rebelling.  It also is a fun way to experiment with different stitches, or just bang them out with a quick half double crochet.  Here are two of them I made today.  The one I made yesterday has already been used for dish washing, and my fourth was made while Micro Bio Daughter was uploading the pictures for me.


Roof Top Garden

I Like the Colorful Peppers!
I found out today that my mom is moving home to Oregon from Alaska!  While I was talking to her, I realized that I've been talking about my rooftop garden, but haven't taken any pictures.  So I went outside and took a couple of quick ones.  They aren't from the best angle or with the best lighting, but you can get an idea.

I also harvested a bunch of green beans this morning for our Sunday dinner.  I didn't think I had that many, but there must have been half a gallon of them!  That was a nice surprise, since I was running low on veggies in the fridge!

So today I'm thankful for:
Green bean harvest
Beautiful peppers
Crocheted washcloths
That I can even make washcloths
My mom is moving back to Oregon
Wonderful house church (that will be in another blog entry)
Family
Health
Roses
Beautiful day of sunshine but not too hot
People in my home that can help me with computer stuff!
God, who provides in so many ways

No comments:

Post a Comment