Sunday, November 13, 2011

Butterscotch Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Now for something totally unhealthy!

This evening I made Butterscotch Chip Oatmeal Cookies.

Ok, I did sneak in some whole wheat to a basic oatmeal cookie recipe.  Actually, I didn't really use a recipe.  I just took a cup of butter and creamed it together with 2/3 cup each of white and brown sugar, added two eggs and poured a bit of vanilla (about 2 tsp. or so), then I added a cup of white flour, a cup of whole wheat flour, and a cup of oatmeal with about a tsp. each of baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  It was a bit moist, so I added some more flour until it was the right consistency and finally added some butterscotch chips.

I'm really bad at following recipes.  I usually change them around, estimate, and substitute.  And I mean usually.  I'm surprised things turn out as good as they do most of the time.  I guess you can say I'm a creative cook.

These turned out really good.  I had some cookies like these at our house church a couple of weeks ago and started to crave them again.  But now I'm going to take a night walk with Hubby to work them off!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment