Thursday, December 29, 2011

Good Advice for the Holidays

Well, once again, science is proving the Bible right. Surprise, Surprise.

My oldest son posted this article today and it is so right on. There was also a link to greatergood.berkeley.edu. I think the reason I am doing as well as I am this December is because in the midst of difficulties, I am trying to focus on thankfulness and compassion. I'm not doing it perfectly, but it's a goal. And it works! Visiting a sick friend in the hospital, watching a neighbor's child, distributing food, spending time with family, and more have helped me to think of things in a better light.

And the more stressed I feel, the more I need to slow down, breathe, and think of things to be thankful for and how to bless others. Now that's something the Bible's been saying for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment