Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Home!!!!

Home!
It's so good to be home!!

We found out that Ms. Ds seizure like episodes weren't true seizures which is so wonderful! Everything checked out fine. Of course, we need to figure out why she shakes and passes out, but the theory so far is that it is from stress, which she has had more than her fair share this year. Even good stressors, like a birthday party, a visit from her family, or even coming home today, sends her to shaking and sleeping. And she's certainly had big and small stressors much of this year. The shaking, eye movements, and passing out are scary to those around her, but she doesn't remember a thing during those times. It isn't the best way to handle stress, so we have an outpatient appointment scheduled for tomorrow with the psychiatry department. I hope she will be able to talk about all the things in her life instead of holding it in and coming out in physical ways.

So the highlights of today:

Ms. D had a visit from Santa and a bunch of police officers before we left the PICU. They gave her a little bear and she was all smiles.  Here is a picture of a few of them. They filled the room with uniforms and joy. Hubby commented later that Santa must have needed a bunch of bodyguards so the kids in PICU wouldn't mob him!


People have been so supportive. Many have offered to help. It is my oldest son's birthday and we had plans to have the family over. But because Ms. D was still having seizure like episodes from just the stress from going home, we had to cancel. It was so good that the family was understanding and willing to change plans for their little sister. They even helped me make decisions since my brain was so fuzzy I couldn't think straight. Black Belt Daughter watched a frightened Mr. I during finals week which is such a sacrifice, and Micro Bio Daughter pitched in when she got home. And the older boys and their families offered to help too. They are all so amazing!

We also are going to have a meal brought to us by a neighbor this evening. It will be such a blessing since I have been so sleep deprived, I shouldn't drive to the store. I was able to get a short nap, but because of phone calls and a worried little Mr. I, I don't think it was long enough to do much good. Black Belt Daughter told me to go to sleep early tonight and not publish what I write until after I could edit it after I get more rest. I guess I looked and talked "terribly" when I got home. I told her that I should just write it out for the world to see and then wonder who in the world hacked into my blog and wrote on it!

It is so good to be home. It is so good to know that Ms. D isn't terribly sick. And it is so good to have such a wonderful family and friends who have supported us through this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment