Wednesday, December 28, 2011

No More Booms in the Kitchen!

This morning my new range was delivered! I'm so excited!

The old oven made little explosions lately and sometimes didn't light at all. I had to go in with a long match to light it sometimes. When it would boom, I would call out one, two, or three as the oven burners lit so the kids wouldn't get frightened.  I don't think it was the safest thing, but with the busyness we had in December, I didn't have time to bring in a repair person.

There were other things that needed to be fixed also. I had to unplug it from time to time to reboot because the electronics would stop working.  I thought I couldn't use the oven at all for a few months a couple of years ago, but I found out about the rebooting one day when the power went out. After that, I would need to pull out the range to unplug it from time to time, but it was a good excuse to clean back there. I don't think the floor under the stove was ever as clean as it was the past two years!

Oh but there was more. Some of the plastic on the timer was warped from heat. Two of the burners didn't work on the stove. I became so adept at making do with all the little quirks, but the rest of the family began to tire of them. So anyway, the family got together and got me a new one for Christmas! Hubby went with me a couple of days ago to look at different models, and we settled on this one.


The kids immediately wanted me to cook them something for breakfast when it was delivered this morning. They are just as excited as I am, but they are doing it in their own way, nonstop talking and all.

My new range works wonderfully! It is so beautiful! But best of all, I don't have to have any more booms in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment