Saturday, January 21, 2012

Beauty in the Hospital

I am finding more and more beauty in the hospital.

I found some beauty in the paintings on the walls. I love that Kaiser has put such awesome art all over the place. Sometimes I almost forget I'm in a hallway in a hospital and not at a museum. This is one of the paintings on Hubby's floor.


There is beauty in how people are made. I wish I could publicly say what Hubby's surgery was about. I would be able to explain how intricate, how marvelously we are created, and how skillfully the doctors worked to fix a problem. The more I learn of anatomy and physiology, the more I am awed. I see beauty in how Hubby is healing. It really is pretty amazing!

There is beauty in the kindness of the doctors, nurses, hospital workers, friends and family. I passed a doctor in the halls yesterday and we both looked at each other and tried to place where we last met. We finally realized that she had done Hubby's pre-op exam. I told her the surgery went well and then she gave me a hug and told me she was glad. How beautiful is that?!!

I see beauty in the view from Hubby's window. The clouds the past couple of days have been dancing, moving, and pushing by, some heavy with rain, and others wispy and delicate. Seagulls have been soaring about in the wind. There is so much beauty in the changing views through the window.

There is also beauty in the CARE station on the TV. Hubby can turn on soothing music and beautiful nature scenes when he needs to relax. It is so beautiful to see God's creation, the mountains, the rivers, the animals, the plants.

There is so much beauty in this world, and it's easy to take it for granted. No, it's not just another sunset. It's a painting in the sky, made by God, to lift our spirits. There is beauty everywhere we look, if we care to find it, even in a hospital.


No comments:

Post a Comment