Monday, January 23, 2012

Home on the New Year...

...Chinese New Year, that is!

The neighbors lit their firecrackers last night and this morning to celebrate the Year of the Dragon. And there was celebration at our house as Hubby came home from the hospital today!

He's healing well. It will take a week or so before his drains can be removed, but Hubby is happy that he can continue his healing at home.

After days of going back and forth between the hospital and home, I am now able to stay here, where I can take care of my whole family at once. It was hard to be pulled in both directions. The older kids were wonderful in filling in the gaps, but the little ones wanted their mommy. The nurses were kind and took good care of Hubby, but he wanted his wife. And so I ran between the two places with little time to take care of myself. It will be good to get back to a routine. It will be good for me and the family.

I am so thankful for my adult children who cared for the little ones, taught their school, cleaned my kitchen, and held down the fort! This was even more difficult than most would think, since the little ones regress and act odd when their schedule is changed or there is stress, and they had to get through both. The adult kids were able to handle the behaviors very well, and the little ones were able to get through this time feeling loved and protected.

I am thankful for the doctors, nurses, and other employees at Kaiser who took such good care of Hubby.

I'm thankful for friends and family who visited Hubby and cheered him up. And I'm thankful for their prayers and support!

I am thankful for God's healing, provision, and protection during this time.  He even protected me when I was driving in the rain early one of the mornings before sunrise and I had to swerve to miss a branch that fell on the road. I was so tired, my reflexes weren't as fast as normal. But God helped me to keep control of the car.

I am thankful for Hubby, who brings a sense of peace and protection to our home. This was so evident to me while he was gone.

And I'm thankful for a New Year, both American and Chinese, for new beginnings, and a fresh start. May God bless each of you with peace, prosperity, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment