Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Networking at the Hospital

 I spent the morning with Hubby at the hospital, going to his pre-op appointments to get ready for his surgery next week. It was good for me to hear first hand what was going to happen. And who we talked to when we were waiting for Hubby to get his blood drawn was absolutely amazing.

While we were sitting outside the lab, I started a conversation with a woman next to me. I can get pretty chatty while waiting around. She was taking a picture of a recipe in one of the magazines in the waiting area she then uploads the picture to her computer recipe file.  I told her that was such a great idea and I'll have to do that the next time I see an article or recipe I like. She told me that she was a baker and was going to open a bakery and vegetable market which uses local ingredients near our home next month. I can't wait until she opens, since there isn't anything like it nearby and I love the idea of fresh, local food.

So of course, we started to talk to her about trying to find a market for chocolate from Rama territory in Nicaragua. Hubby has a non profit, Progress Tools, and is beginning to work with people in Nicaragua to start small businesses there. Well, the woman we talked to has contacts with a number of chocolatiers in the area. This could be the small market for chocolate we've been praying for!  I don't think it was a coincidence that the woman sat next to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment