Friday, January 20, 2012

Post Surgery Update

We saw the doctor today at the hospital and Hubby was able to hear for himself how things went. The surgery went well and Hubby's anatomy was easy. Hubby is in pain from the incision, but the kidney pain isn't there anymore, which is making him a happy camper...well, a happy hospital camper. He called me this morning at 6:00 to let me know he was ready for a visit, which wouldn't have been bad except the younger kids were all hyped up last night and couldn't get to sleep until after 11:00. When I was younger I used to think I was an eight hour a night sleep person. Now I'm fortunate if I get seven. I'll be glad when this is all over and I can get a good night's sleep again.

It's interesting how all this hospital stuff is affecting the kids. Mr. I is the most interesting. He calls me, whines, and clings. Nothing sounds good for him to eat. I did break down and get him some donuts for breakfasts the next couple of days. He grabbed one this afternoon while getting things for his daily outdoor play time. He left a neighborhood kid outside in the wind and drizzle, and stuffed the donut in his mouth. He said something that I couldn't understand. He repeated it to me. Mr. I had told the neighbor boy he was eating a crab cake. A crab cake? Where did he ever have a crab cake? I told him it's not nice to lie to your friends like that. Mr. I told me he wasn't lying, he just told his friend something different. Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment