Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Michelangelo and a Cool Site

Today we were learning about Michelangelo in world history. Of course, the kids were bored and I was interested. I am such an art geek! It's hard to break through their determination not to enjoy anything other than pop teen culture. At least I was getting something out of it. And maybe something will break through their walls and help them to appreciate different cultures. I can always hope.

But while we were learning about Michelangelo, I came across a really good site that had a virtual tour of the Sistine Chapel put out by the Vatican. I probably will never be able to see it in real life, but I'm thankful that we have the internet and can get a better idea of what it's like. Small pictures in books just aren't enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment