Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Not Your Normal Valentines Day

Valentines usually isn't very big at our house. Hubby doesn't normally do holidays, and if it's important to me, I do it. It also breaks my heart to see my single friends so sad. Little do they know, but not everyone with a boyfriend or husband gets what they imagine we get. Sometimes what we imagine someone's life to be like is way different from reality. If I get something for Valentine's or my birthday, great. But I've come to the conclusion that a good marriage without flowers and such is much better than a bad one with all the frills.  I also try to keep things a bit low key for the little ones, and this year it is especially important to do so.

We've had too much excitement lately and holidays are really hard on the kids. There's nothing like a bit of holiday excitement to bring out all the FASD, RAD, and PTSD behaviors. I took Ms. D in today to get a throat culture and picked up a prescription for Hubby while I was there. Ms. D has a sore throat and has been sleeping most of the day. Oh, and a bit of seizing too. I'm trying to figure out whether to cancel her part of the psychologist appointment tomorrow. We'll see what happens in the morning. Hubby and I certainly are going! There's been quite a bit to talk about these past three weeks.

This afternoon I walked both neighbor dogs for her. Boy, was that a workout!



So tonight, I plan to have a quiet evening. Happy Valentines Day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I forgot to mention that we took the stairs to the third floor of the parking garage when we were at the doctor's today. It wasn't because I needed my exercise. It was really too much for my old knees. Ouch! But we took the stairs because in addition to the dark, the garage, and my bathroom, Mr. I is now afraid of elevators.

    ReplyDelete