Sunday, February 12, 2012

Spring in California

One of the blessings of our part of California is that there really isn't true winter weather. I always thought of it like God cut out winter, made fall go right to spring, and stretched out summer. Yes, we go about in our winter coats in January and February, but in most parts of the country they'd be wearing a light sweater or jacket in similar conditions.

Today I took three walks, one with my friend, one to the store to pick up some bread, and the third with Hubby. I took a few pictures of some of the flowers I enjoyed. I didn't get a picture of the three hawks battling in the sky, but they were beautiful too.  We couldn't figure out who were the males or females, since they all were dive bombing each other. They had stripes on their tails, so I'm wondering if they were Cooper's hawks or something else. My friend and I enjoyed the show.

So as my friends and family are posting their pictures of snow, which I miss, I thought I'd post my pictures of things they can look forward to in the coming months.




Oh, and with the nice weather, I did a little yard work before the rain came again. I've really neglected our yard the past few months, so the work is piling up. But I did get to mow the lawn and get one of the palm trees halfway trimmed today. It wasn't much, but it was a start.


We also took down the honey from the roof. Our bees disappeared sometime when Hubby was in the hospital the past three weeks. I saw bees flying in and out of the hive recently, but when Hubby went up there yesterday to check on them, they were completely gone. There were very few dead bees at all. It's sad, but we got a large super of honey anyway. We'll have to ask someone on the bee guild what to do to prepare the hives before we get some new bees. They have so much wisdom when it comes to those little gals.

Also, the kale and lettuce is starting to peek out in our rooftop garden that I planted three weeks ago. The rain we are getting tonight is going to be good for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment