Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Test Results

We got two sets of test results back today, neither one was a surprise.

  1.  Ms. D tested positive for strep throat.  She's still not feeling well and won't drink much. She is having a lot of seizures which is scaring her little brother. So in addition to having to take care of a sick one, I am having to calm a very worried twelve year old boy. 
  2. Ms. D's IQ is in the 50-70 range, depending on the specific areas tested. This isn't a surprise, but now I have to figure out how to navigate the regional center so she has more supports as an adult, and how to adjust her schooling. But considering how low her cognitive function is, she's doing pretty well.  

There's a lot to process here, and I haven't had much time to let it sort out yet. Hubby and I went to the psychology appointment today and I walked the dogs with Mr. I. There were calls and visits to the pharmacy and phone consultations with nurses. I made the call to the regional center to start getting Ms. D signed up. I also stopped at the store to find some things that would lure Ms. D to drink. I couldn't figure out what to make for supper until some ham fell out of the freezer when I opened the door. I made a ham, cheese, and potato casserole out of it. Even Mr. I liked it! I ended up watching the neighbor kids with Mr. I this evening. Hubby got to help another neighbor girl with her homework since I wasn't home, and he did a pretty good job of taking care of Ms. D too.

I'm so tired as I'm writing this and will go to bed soon. My throat feels kind of funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment