Sunday, March 11, 2012

Girl Time!

Yesterday I was able to break away and spend some time with a few of the women from church. It was so good to chat over brunch. Not all the women have read my blog, so it was good for me to update them on what's been going on in my life lately. Going to church as a family is wonderful, but there is a limitation in what I can say in front of the kids. I really needed the prayers and the support of those in my church, but the kids have been sticking to me like glue lately. When Ms. D is stressed or isn't feeling well she hangs on people. Last week she even accidentally pushed me into a chair at church and I almost fell over someone's popcorn bowl. Fortunately it wasn't a push, so I didn't fall, but it was a lean that kept coming and put me off balance. Maybe I need to learn a little yoga or Tai Chi to improve my flexibility and balance. Do you think I'll fit in with the elderly Chinese at the park?

Photo from methodsofhealing.com


So yesterday, both at the brunch and later at church, I was finally able to ask for prayer about Ms. D, my learning to deal with the regional center, for my emotions and ability to forgive the birth mom on a new level, and that I can be filled spiritually during this time. I can't tell you how important it is to have support from other women when you have kids with special needs. The women in my church are amazing and are such a wonderful gift to me.  I really needed that girl time!

No comments:

Post a Comment