Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Anticipation is Worse Than the Reality

Sometimes the anticipation of an event is a whole lot worse than what really happens. We worry, we play different scenarios in our head, and we know that things won't go well. Today I was doing that.  I was wrong.

Our evening went so well with the family that seemed to rub me the wrong way. We were able to get to know each other better. And though we are so different in personalities, we have a lot more in common than I had imagined. Would it have been easier to just avoid them? Probably. But I would have missed out on the richness of spending a good evening with people who have a similar vision and a heart for God and people.

Mr. I was doing a similar thing just before bed. Hubby was talking to Mr. I about going on another backpacking trip this summer. So Mr. I started to worry. He started to fret. He was not a happy camper. Their backpacking trip last summer really wasn't so bad, and he had a lot of fun. But you wouldn't think that if you saw the look on his face tonight.

Did I look like that earlier today, when I was fretting?

No comments:

Post a Comment