Thursday, May 31, 2012

Can She Fix It? Yes She Can!

Today I got to play Bob the Builder...well at least his sidekick Wendy.

We haven't had any blinds or curtains on our front window for over a year, since we repainted. It was like living in a fishbowl, despite the plants and trees. And it sure got hot on days like today when it was over ninety degrees and the sun streamed in the southwest facing window. Hubby got the blinds a few weeks ago, and they've been waiting to be installed. I don't know why I procrastinated, since it took less than an hour. But a hot day was enough to kick start me. The instructions were Spartan. I think all the practice of reading instructions of assembling Ikea furniture helped me.  Though the instructions today didn't have the odd man-like figures on Ikea instructions, humoring me and showing me how assemble step-by-step. Fortunately, window shades are not rocket science, but I only say that because I haven't tried to restring those things.

Here are a couple of pictures. Notice I was catwalking on the window sills using a power drill and wearing a skirt and flip flops. Danger! Don't do this at home!

The Instructions in 5 Easy Steps

 Here are the instructions, written in English, French, and Spanish. 

Spartan:
b. Simple, frugal, or austere: a Spartan diet; a spartan lifestyle.
c. Marked by brevity of speech; laconic.


Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment