Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Quick Diaper Cover and a Good Horse Class

Today my grandson came over so his mommy could have some girl time with a friend. I loved having him over. He's at such a cute age. After feeding him lunch, we took him in the stroller to walk dogs and pick up the neighbor boy after his kindergarten class. When we got home, I noticed a certain smell and changed my grandson's pants. Unfortunately, he had leaked into the diaper cover, and there weren't any replacements. I had been meaning to make some bigger ones for him, but I wasn't in the mood to sew before today.  So this little emergency kicked me out of my funk, and I dusted my sewing machine off. I really did have to dust the thing, since I hadn't used it in months.

I couldn't find my diaper cover pattern, so I used a diaper pattern and adjusted it a little. I found out that making a diaper cover is a little like making soup. As long as you get the basic size and  proportions and have the right materials, it doesn't really matter if you don't measure exactly. In less than an hour, the little guy's bottom was covered and I had the pleasure of creating. Isn't the turtle print cute?

Ms. D Holding Grandson To Show Off His Diaper Cover
Right after Grandson left, I had just enough time to hang up some clothes on the line and get the kids ready for their horse class. Today at the class they learned about bridles, bits, and how to put a saddle on a horse. My kids did wonderfully. It was another girl's turn to have a difficult time. I am so thankful for Doug and Pat at Victory Ranch who are willing to put up with and teach kids who have come from hard places. It's not an easy thing to do!

Going to Practice Putting on a Saddle

No comments:

Post a Comment