Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Manna Mobile

This morning I picked up some donated food to deliver to the needy and group homes. Hubby is out delivering it now. We call our car the Manna Mobile because we deliver food and because, like manna, it lasts only a day or two and needs to be distributed right away.

 This is how I packed our car with hundreds of pounds of produce and bread. Pretty impressive, isn't it?
I did pull a muscle in my back loading the car. I then helped to unload it in the house so it could stay cool until Hubby could deliver it this evening. The plumber was here so Hubby was busy, but Blackbelt daughter did the heavy lifting. After that I ran/walked with her for the Couch to 5k training. I wasn't hurting too bad then, but now my back is pretty sore. Oh well, people will be blessed.

Photography Son is here now to pick up food for an elderly lady on Social Security. She is diabetic and was found dumpster diving for food. These are the kind of people that we deliver to, the elderly, unemployed, those in group homes. So many are falling through the cracks. We keep finding more and more people that are on the edge. I'm so glad we can help.

1 comment:

  1. Hubby just estimated he brings food for about 70 individuals, families, or group homes every week. Some of it he delivers to others, who pass it on.

    ReplyDelete