Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Small Town Parade

Today we went a few miles south to go to a small town parade in Morgan Hill. It has all the ingredients of parades I grew up with in the Midwest.

Floats decorated in plastic, pulled by pickups and semis.

Fire Trucks...
 Garbage Trucks?...
 And Classic Cars...
Bands...
Big Horses,
Miniature Horses,

And the guy who got the loudest cheers, well other than the service men and women and the Gold and Blue Star Moms...
And lots of cute kids marching, doing flips and cartwheels...
 ...And riding skateboards and bikes.

I wish I wasn't so busy coordinating my preteen and teen kids and their friends and thought to bring my grandson. He would have had about as much fun as I did. I love a small town Independence Day Parade!

Happy 4th of July!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment