Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary, Hubby!

I know you won't get this until later, but I pray that God will give you a special hug today for me. Right now, I'm sitting at home after a busy morning of housework, puppy training, giving a friend some coolers for the food distribution Saturday, and preparing to homeschool the kids. You are most likely on a little dugout boat, with a tiny motor and a bunch of people, on the big Caribbean Ocean on your way to Bankukut, Nicaragua. I have been enjoying the cool morning breeze and had a warm shower, while you are in the steamy heat with no shower. And though I would have preferred to spend the evening alone together to celebrate 33 years of marriage, in a way this day is more fitting.

Why more fitting? Because while I'm holding down the fort, you are making the world a better place and impacting so many people. We are so different in personality. You are an introvert who is also a risk taker. I am all about security and am energized when with people. You think in pictures, I think in feelings. Together we make a strong team. Alone, we wouldn't get much done, but you and I, together with God, can move mountains. 

So today, I hope that you will be safe, happy, and be a blessing to the Rama people of Bankukut. And although there can be no communication between us until you return from the rain forest in a few days, I pray that God will shower his love on you and the Rama. I am so proud of you, that you would give up so much to follow God's path. Life is so exciting with you!

Happy Anniversary, Hubby! You are the best man for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment