Thursday, September 13, 2012

Birthday Gift From the DMV

Believe it or not, I got a birthday gift from the DMV.


No, it wasn't the $31.00 I spent on the driver's license renewal fee. Since it was my birthday, my license  expired today. I had forgotten to renew it until I noticed a friend talking about her drivers license picture on Facebook this afternoon less than an hour before closing time. Oops!

No, it wasn't the friendly attention by the clerks as they answered my questions and helped me to fill out the forms. In fact, the lady at the front desk chatted the whole time she was helping me with a coworker behind her about throwing a baby shower. She didn't even acknowledge me, but just took my paperwork and did whatever she needed to do to finish her job with the least amount of effort possible.

The present was that I was in and out of the DMV in less than 20 minutes! This included the eye test and a photo. This has to be a record! What a great birthday present!

No comments:

Post a Comment