Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Family Multitasking

Today is pretty busy for all of us in our home.

I canned two quarts of tomatoes and five quarts of pears while taking care of the puppy, making and eating breakfast, and teaching school.
Canned Pears and Tomatoes
Ms. D and I walked the neighbor dogs, went to the pet store to pick up some puppy shampoo and toys, and picked up the neighbor boy.

When we got home, I cleaned some of the canning mess I made, Ms. D washed the puppy, while the neighbor boy did art and Blackbelt Daughter did her homework on the dining room table.

We got a lot done, but not without a few bumps in the road. 

Mr. I had a very hard time with school today. I even took a little video of it because it was such odd behavior for a twelve year old. I probably won't show it to anyone, but I want to see it later to see if it really was as bad as I remember. I want to know if I was just exaggerating or if it really is as bad as it seems. I'll look at it when Hubby comes back and we are all in a better stage of mind. 

The puppy had an accident, well, a few accidents today. We just weren't as aware of his signals and didn't have as much patience when it was time to do his business. When he would go outside he would seem more interested in the chickens and what food he could get into. He got a little dirty from it all, so that's why he got to have his first bath today. Baths are hard on their skin, so we had to go get some puppy shampoo. But we have it now! He smells so much better!
Fist Bath
When we were walking home from picking up the neighbor boy, we passed a couple who were high on drugs, and the young woman was crying and struggling. I was pretty upset with them being in such a state in front of the little kids getting out of school. Ms. D was upset that I would say that kind of thing within earshot of the couple. The young man is the same one who tried to give Ms. D a flower and say she was pretty when she was only eleven. He was in his twenties. Ms. D has laughed at the young woman's drunk and high behavior and thought she was fun and sweet. They have acted like friends when we've been on walks, though they split up when I come near enough to hear what they say. When I told Ms. D she should stay away from them again today, Ms. D said, "I just am polite!" Then she acted pretty angry. She won't talk about it, so I don't know what the problem is, but there seems to be one. I just hope they haven't tried giving Ms. D and her friend anything. It's just so hard to know what is going on. She just won't talk. Her birth family taught her well.

No comments:

Post a Comment