Thursday, September 20, 2012

Feeling For You

Today I talked to a couple of friends who are going through so much. My heart goes out to them. Both are grieving in one way or another. Both are struggling in ways that make my troubles seem small. I also am reading a book, The Man Who Broke Into Auschwitz by Denis Avey. And even though it is written well, and the story must be told, the subject matter is a bit depressing.

So tonight, Hubby is playing music by Rich Mullins on the anniversary of Rich's death homecoming as I write this. It's amazing how the music can so easily draw me into a peaceful, worshipful state, even when I'm a bit worn out from yesterday's trials, and from listening to the stories of my friends today. It reminds me to look beyond the things of this world and set my focus on God. There is more to this life than what we see. Sometimes I need a little reminder. And tonight the reminder was music.

No comments:

Post a Comment