Friday, October 26, 2012

Mommy Nurse Skills!

I got to use some of my mommy nurse skills today. Ms. D came down with a sore throat and sniffles last night, and her illness worsened as today went on. This evening I felt her forehead and thought she had a low grade fever. I couldn't find a thermometer. In our house they disappear almost as quickly as flashlights and hair brushes. So Hubby and I went to Walmart to get a thermometer and a few things for my little sickie to feel more comfortable. When I got home I took her temperature and it was 100.2, a low grade fever just as I thought! How's that for nursing skills? I went to nursing school for three years, but it is the nearly twenty-nine years of being a parent to six children that has taught me the most.

I'll keep an eye on Ms. D the next few days to make sure she doesn't have strep throat or other complications. She did have a bit of a pseudo seizure this evening, but we don't make a big deal about them anymore. I'm really glad I didn't go to the retreat now. Even though Ms. D also has older sisters and a dad to take care of her, there's nothing like a mommy to bring comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment