Friday, October 26, 2012

Wouldn't You Rather Spend Time With the Family?

This weekend, a few friends of mine are putting together an awesome retreat. I was really tempted to go, since the focus is going to be connecting with God, and I feel pretty unconnected this week. A few friends also told me that I needed to take some time off in order to recharge. A retreat would be pretty nice. But after the car repair and dentist bills the past month or so, I just couldn't swing the $200+ price of the retreat, especially with the property tax bill looming in the future. We were able to pay for everything so far with out borrowing, thanks to the generous gift from our friends, but I need to be careful with the budget.

Mr. I caught me looking at a site about the retreat and asked me if I was going. I told him no. His response was so sweet. He said with a cute smile and batting his eyelashes, "But wouldn't you rather spend time with the family?" How can I possibly resist that adorable plea, especially after the attachment problems we had earlier in the week? I just had to give him a hug.

God will just have to connect with me in some other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment