Monday, December 24, 2012

Santa's Workshop

Christmas Eve is almost over. It was better than I expected. I think it really helped the kids to have had our main Christmas celebration a few days ago. They were able to handle all the holiday excitement better when it was spread over a few days. There still is a little dysregulation, but not as bad as I had anticipated. I'll have to remember this in future years.

Earlier this evening we went to a church a few our our kids go to for their Christmas Eve candlelight (glow stick) service. It was good for the kids to be reminded just why we celebrate Christmas. Well, it was good for me too! We also got to sit next to our daughter-in-law and her parents. It was good to spend a little time together.

Afterwards, we had a quiet evening of watching a cheesy Christmas movie, listening to Christmas music, and making gifts.

 Hubby, Mr. I, and I all worked on the same table.

 Mr. I made a gingerbread house.

Hubby made chocolate. Yum!

 And I made two pairs of pajamas. I didn't wrap them, but gave them straight to the recipients. I would like to make more, but it doesn't all have to be done at once. After all, we are having a Christmas season! Santa's Workshop can be open for at least a couple more weeks, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment