Sunday, December 16, 2012

Thinking on the Good Things

I was getting a bit depressed over the horrible events this past week. It's easy to find evil in this world, but there is also good.

I found a video of a family who adopted special needs kids, and it brings tears of joy to my eyes.
http://vimeo.com/55307071

I saw another video of some kids who live in a garbage dump in Paraguay who make beautiful music out of recycled garbage.

I'm looking at articles about the heroes in the shootings, the people who saved, comforted, and have compassion in such horrible tragedies.

I'm finding beauty in art, music, and nature.

I'm hugging my kids more, appreciating my family, and showing love is more of a priority.
I'm rejoicing that one of my sons had his orientation to nursing school this week, that one of my daughters is getting impatient with finishing school so that she can become a teacher, and that all of my kids are really doing well. Even the little ones have been doing better the last few days, and have become more attached and huggy. I like hugs! I have so much to be thankful for!

I can't let evil cloud my vision. There is a lot of good in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment