Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas, A Little Late, With Grandson

Grandson wasn't feeling well before we left on our vacation, so we had another little Christmas celebration today. We lit up the Christmas tree one last time and Grandson opened the last few gifts. We had pasta for lunch just after Hubby came back from delivering food. Then we took the lights and decorations down for the year.  It went really quickly with so many hands helping. Even Grandson helped organize the candy canes that were on the tree.

 I think his mommy is happy he hasn't figured out how tasty candy canes are yet!

Grandson also read a seed catalog on Hubby's lap while Grandson's mommy and I tried to trim his hair. Seed catalogs are fun to read, aren't they?

After Grandson and family left, Microbio Daughter and I went outside to take the lights down before it started raining again. Yes, I went on the roof with a skirt and boots. I didn't see any neighbors looking up. I was afraid that if they did, they may have had a show. There is so much to do after a vacation and I haven't had a chance to wash my jeans yet. Hubby is working on the bathroom ceiling, Microbio Daughter is packing up the last of the Christmas decorations. I am taking a bit of a break because I am really tired. I couldn't figure out why, until I remembered that the chickens woke me up at four this morning. I wasn't able to get much sleep after that. At least I know why I'm sleepy. I think I'll take a nap after we get some of the decorations in the attic. I'll be careful not to put a foot through Hubby's work!

It's been good to have Christmas spread out over two weeks. I can enjoy everyone more, it's better for the youngest kids, and we can flow with the older kids' in-laws' schedules and illnesses. It's hard to think that Monday, Hubby will go back to work and we will start school again. It's been a good Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment