Monday, January 21, 2013

Forget the Beach! Let's Go to the Dump!

"Forget the beach! Let's go to the dump!" That's what Hubby said the seagulls were saying this morning as we took a bunch of garbage laying around our house and yard to the dump. The seagulls were circling in the bright blue sky in the place with one of the best views in town. Our dump has a better view of the valley than anyone else around. We don't have to fork over a few million to get a view! All we have to do is pay forty dollars and get rid of junk at the same time!


As we drove to the dump, Hubby and I talked about how nice it was to go to another house church last night. We were reminded of the goodness of God, which was just what I needed to hear. I've been so worn down by all the kid stuff, school stuff, house stuff, illness stuff, money stuff, and all the other stuff! It's been like going to the dump, but not looking at the view. I've been enduring, but not enjoying. Enduring is OK for awhile, but at some point I need to see the goodness of God in my life, instead of only the trials. I don't need to be in a different place to find happiness. Happiness is right here, even at the dump. The seagulls seem to agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment