Monday, February 18, 2013

Beach Day!

Today Microbio Daughter, Mr. I and his friend and I went to the beach. Ms. D stayed home with Hubby and Brewster. She doesn't like sand. But we do!

Me

It was cloudy and cool.

Microbio Daughter

But there was a lot of sand. And waves. And really cute little birds that ran back and forth getting sand crabs for lunch.


I had to close my eyes to what Mr. I and his friend were doing sometimes. You have to do that with boys from time to time. Otherwise you get all stressed out while they have the time of their lives throwing sandstone at each other, climbing too high, and wrestling.


Or they make really deep holes in the ground and then try to stick their heads in the holes.


I did a really poor cartwheel in order to encourage Mr. I to try it too. No, you don't get to see a picture of that! Thankfully, Microbio Daughter didn't take a picture of me doing a cartwheel. At least I hope she didn't get a picture! I thought it would be easier on the soft sand, but it wasn't.


I didn't attempt to do a back bend. But I tried to get Mr. I to do one. And I helped him to do a headstand in the soft sand. Kind of...


That doesn't look very good, does it? I think he got a face full of sand on that one!

I'm so glad we went, even though the weather wasn't the best, at least by California standards. On the way home we stopped outside Castroville and got some fresh artichokes at a farm stand. Yum! Guess what I had for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment