Monday, February 4, 2013

Not Much to Write Home About

Today was one of those days that I haven't had much to write home about.

It was Monday, a time to get back to a schedule, though I did let the kids sleep in a bit. Yesterday was the big game.  Mr. I was sick from all the food he ate at a friend's house and he hadn't seen much of me since Friday. Ms. D was feeling down because her favorite team lost.  A few of us went to Photography son's home for the game, but Mr. I went elsewhere.


After all the excitement of the previous day, the kids needed to slow down and reconnect. Mr. I had a bit of a meltdown when I wanted to leave him to rest at home while Ms. D and I walked the dogs. He's thirteen and perfectly capable of staying home for a few minutes while we walk within eight blocks of our house. It's not like I'm going to leave the country or anything like that. He ended up walking with us. He wasn't as sick as he had led me to believe. He also had plenty of energy to play with his friends after school.

I did a few things around the house, helped the kids with their schoolwork, worked on crocheting a baby blanket, and tutored a couple of neighbor girls. Hubby and I tried to go out to listen to Danny Daniels play at City Team, but couldn't find him. We didn't have an exact address, and City Team has places all over. Oh well. Maybe another time.

We came home and while I spent time watching a television program and ads from the game with Mr. I. The one with the Clydesdale horses brought tears to my eyes when I thought of Brewster leaving us in a few months. And as a relative of farmers, the ad with the speech by Paul Harvey really touched me. I know, it's a bit disturbing that television ads get so much emphasis. But you have to admit, those were touching and uplifting. And these days, we can use a bit more uplifting.

Thankfully, there hasn't been much to write about. Things are relatively calm. I needed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment