Sunday, February 10, 2013

What a difference a good night's sleep makes!

Today I did a lot better. It wasn't because my circumstances changed, or problems resolved themselves. No, the change that made the difference was a good night's sleep.

There are more and more studies out that show how important sleep is to our physical and psychological health. I know that when I don't get enough rest, I see the challenges in my life in a more negative way. There are times that a problem looks really big in the evening, and not so bad in the morning. Many times sleeping on something is a good idea. Yes, it's good to not let the sun go down on your anger. But on the other hand, it isn't always good to try to handle disagreements when your mind is foggy and looking at things negatively.

So today, after sleeping well, I was able to work in the garden, clean a little, visit a friend in the hospital with Hubby, and do numerous things around the house. I was able to see Hubby's perspective on a decision in a better light. I could handle the kids a little better. But best of all, I wasn't overwhelmed. Sleep is such a blessing. I think I'll get some more now!

No comments:

Post a Comment