Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Egg Coloring With the Grandson

Today we took care of Grandson while his mommy and daddy moved some things in their home. We had the greatest time!


We colored eggs.

I baked the eggs instead of boiling, and it worked out great. I put the eggs in a mini-muffin pan, turned the oven on 325 and baked them for 30 minutes. Then I carefully put them in ice water and they were ready to color. I only broke one egg that had a thinner shell. It peeled easily, even though it was rather fresh. I think I'll bake the eggs from now on, especially when there are a lot to hard boil.



I love the way that the brown and blue-green eggs take a color. I tried to do something fancy with leaves and rubber bands, but I didn't have enough rubber bands to keep the leaves next to the egg. But we had fun anyway. 



No comments:

Post a Comment