Monday, April 29, 2013

Blooms in the Desert

I've dreamed of seeing the desert bloom, and our trip to Arizona did not disappoint!


The first flowers we saw were the ocotillo.


And then we saw the cacti.


And other plants.


We saw whole hillsides of yellows, oranges, pinks, and whites.


We even saw a few purples thrown in!


Sometimes I feel dry and prickly and wonder if any good can come from me. Sometimes I wonder if my kids could ever heal from the hurt in their hearts when they act in ways that aren't loving and kind. But if the desert can have so much beauty, why not myself? Why not others?


The beauty and the good can be discovered if I look for it at the right time and place, even in the midst of pain and suffering. The desert isn't always dead and hopeless, but it can be alive and fruitful.

There is a bird's nest made of cactus needles in this cactus!

No comments:

Post a Comment