Sunday, April 7, 2013

Hurting

A couple of days ago, when I painted the trim around the doors, I twisted my ankle. I had opened the double doors to paint, and forgot that the step only was in front of one of the doors. It isn't a problem most of the time, but it is when both doors are open. My foot caught the step on the edge, my ankle twisted, and I fell onto the brick porch. Fortunately, I know how to fall and only have a slight sprain and little scrapes on my elbow and back. I'm so thankful that I didn't get hurt worse.

Unfortunately, even a slight sprain hurts and is slowing me down. I walk for awhile, but then have to elevate and rest it. We had house church at our house last night, so I overdid it while cleaning. I'm paying for it today. I was able to go to a couple of stores with Hubby, but had to go home because of the pain.

I've also been hormonal and emotional too. I had a good cry last night when I took some books to the library late at night. I was holding it in too long, but it's hard to show negative emotions around the kids. It really throws them off. But just like I know my ankle will heal, I know that the feelings of inadequacy, tiredness, and sadness will pass. Things will get better.

1 comment:

  1. Linda, I have really been thinking of you, ever since you shared last week you have been feeling so low. I have been for a while too, and wanted to say something encouraging to you, but didn't have any encouragement in me, you know? I would read your blog, and leave the page open for hours, wanting to leave a comment "when I had the chance" and I never did. That was selfish, but I think you understand. I am coming out of my dark, dull place too, and it feels so much better. Now I can comment! : ) May God lift you up and give you more and more awareness of your blessings. And more visits from your grandson!

    ReplyDelete