Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Restoration

It took much of the day, but we got our kids back!

Neither child could look in my eyes or talk to me for the first half of the day. It was pretty rough, and I had tears rolling down my cheeks while I tried to teach them. It was so sad to see their anger.

Mr. I was upset because he thought Hubby took away his internet privileges because of what Ms. D did. I don't understand all the technical things, but I do know Hubby took everyone off and then slowly had to bring everyone online one by one. Mr. I also walked in yesterday to Ms. D's meltdown and seizure. He thought we must have done something really bad to Ms. D and was worried for her. He was able to express himself as time went on today, and we were able to reassure him.

Ms. D talked to her birth dad this afternoon. The talk was a good one. It sounded like she was not receptive at first, but slowly became less defensive. Birth Dad told her that he would be even stricter with her and reinforced what we were saying. After the phone call, she was able to talk to us about the conversation, give us hugs, and look into our eyes.

Microbio daughter is taking Ms. D out to pick up something from the store this evening. I think their relationship is being repaired also.

It's been an emotional roller coaster ride, but relationships are restored. There is peace in our home once again.

2 comments:

  1. So glad for the resolution you have over this incident! I am praying for your decisions re: homeschool group this next year too.

    ReplyDelete