Monday, April 29, 2013

What is Best For Our Family

Today I acted on a decision I've been mulling over the past couple of months. It was a difficult decision, since it will affect other families. My plan was to do one thing that would make for a better transition. Yet as I was learning the extent of my children's behaviors, especially Ms. D's, and some coming big changes, that plan would have been a big sacrifice for our family. I am feeling the need to reevaluate every activity. It is a time to circle the wagons and only add outside involvements that have the most value. It is hard for me to quit something I am very passionate about, yet my ability to function in that role has not been at a level I would like.

On the other hand, I don't want to become isolated. There is a danger of letting shame creep into our family and have the desire to hide the messy parts of our lives from others. I can also be so self focused, I miss the opportunities to be salt and light to a hurting world. We are made to live in community and be a blessing to others.

There is a balance in reaching out and healing within. That balance is difficult to obtain, in our personal lives, in our families, our churches, and in our communities. We need God's wisdom, and the obedience to follow what He calls us to do at each period of our lives. But that balance is what is best for me and for my family. I just wish I knew what that balance is!

No comments:

Post a Comment