Friday, May 17, 2013

An Idea That Might Embarrass My Teen

There had been fires or rain the past four days, so this is the first time I was able to hang out some laundry all week. But while pinning up the clothes, I was annoyed by the rubber bands that Ms. D uses to tighten her shirts in the back. To me, it looks tacky, slutty, and shows her immaturity. But she doesn't listen to me, and does it when I'm not looking or noticing. It's one of those things, like hiking up skirts, that Catholic girls do the minute they leave the house. I don't expect her to wear baggy clothes, but I would like her to look more polished. The rubber band thing just doesn't convey a good message in my eyes.

Here is a tutorial, if you don't understand what I mean by tightening a shirt with a rubber band.
http://www.wikihow.com/Tie-A-Shirt-To-Make-It-Tighter

I've tried just about everything I can think of to get Ms. D to stop, but she continues to do it. But as I removed the second rubber band, I thought of something that just might work. I should use rubber bands on some of my shirts! Most shirts aren't very flattering on me anyway. If I get shirts that fit my bust, I look much heavier than I really am. The shoulders and waist are much too big for my frame. I either have to alter the shirts, or find some that stretch in the right places. Using a rubber band for awhile to tighten the waist area might help me to look a bit slimmer.

But better yet, if I use a rubber band to tighten my shirts, I just might embarrass Ms. D enough to stop doing it herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment