Sunday, May 26, 2013

Play That Funky Music

The other night I had a dream I was at a party with Octavia Spencer, who was trying to get me to dance in front of everyone while the DJ played Play That Funky Music. I didn't think that in a few days I would be in a funk. But I am.

It hasn't taken much to get me to tear up the past couple of days. It wouldn't surprise me if it is just one of the postdrome symptoms of a migraine. I normally am not one to be so groggy and depressed. I didn't even want to go to the beach with the family and a couple of Mr. I's friends.


Ms. D didn't want to go either, so we stayed home and tried to spend some quiet time together. I think it helped. I doubt if she'll stop lying, but it's more important to keep the relationship going well. Hopefully we can get to a place of healing.


But even though it was a profitable time staying home with Ms. D, I still wished I went to the beach. It looked like they all had a great time.


I knew I just wasn't feeling right when the littlest things would send the tears falling down my face, like when I found out that I might not get fresh strawberries. When I got the text that the family passed by a farm stand on the way home, I was sad. It was also frightening that such a minor thing could be so emotional for me! Then when they brought home some strawberries and cherries, I cried again, because they remembered.

I told Hubby how emotional I've been since the headache, and he did the sweetest thing. He got me some roses. He's been so kind.


Later tonight we both went on the roof to see the conjunction of Venus, Mercury, and Jupiter. As an added treat, the girl next door was practicing her violin with the window open. So Hubby and I got to sit on the roof, watch the stars planets, and listen to beautiful music. It's kind of nice to live next to kids with a Tiger Mom.


Even though I feel pretty emotional right now, I know that this will pass. There is hope for the future. And even though I may be pretty fearful for Ms. D's choices and actions lately, I know that there will be good days ahead. Life is good, even with a few bumps in the road.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your migraine and its subsequent emotional vulnerability. I am praying for you right now. I am so glad you can look at all the good things, even when you are in pain, when your heart aches, when things seem bleak down the road for these children you love and pour yourself out for. Yay for hubbies who are sweet and sensitive at time and bring berries and roses! Yay for time with family, time spent not thinking about our hardships! Yay for realizing good health overall and for being aware of the number of people who love you and care about you!

    May your blessing increase.

    ReplyDelete