Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Taking Turns

Isn't it so sweet when our kids take turns?

Today was Ms. D's day to be dysregulated and prickly. "Stop looking at me! Get away from me! Don't touch me! I'm hungry! I'm not hungry! There's nothing good to eat at our house! Stop smiling! You'll make me smile." Yes, these were the sweet sounds that reached my ears as soon as she woke up and continued throughout the morning. I wasn't the only recipient of her lashing out. Mr. I was picked on until he fought back, resulting in more yelling. Even the poor dog received some negativity. You know something is up when Ms. D snaps at the dog too!

It didn't take me long to figure out the reason for Ms. D's mood. Adolescent hormones were in full force.

So we left Mr. I at home and walked. We walked the dogs. We walked to the stores. And after the first ten minutes of walking, we talked about girl things. The walking and talking helped my hormonal girl. I'm so glad that Mr. I was regulated enough to leave him home alone. It would have been difficult to handle both kids at once.

It's nice when the kids take turns.

1 comment:

  1. LOL!! I love the title of this blog! At first I thought "Oh good they were getting along". I had to smile when I got to the end. I love your sense of humor! I'm so glad the walking helped!

    ReplyDelete