Monday, June 3, 2013

Hard Work

Today, I helped a friend's family move into her home after living two years in another state. It was so good to have her back! Because of my joy of seeing my friend again, I was able to do more than I thought I could. Hopefully all that work will strengthen my muscles a little and get me in better shape. I took a couple of breaks to homeschool the kids and walk the dogs, so I was able to gather my strength and pace myself. After all that lifting, I'm pretty tired this evening, but not as sore as I thought I would be. But my feet are used to flip-flops, not shoes, so they were pretty achy. Hubby massaged my toes and helped them to feel a little better. Thanks, Hubby!


It's interesting how the kids reacted to me being so busy. I worked a couple of hours in the morning before the kids woke up, so they hardly noticed my absence then.  Mr. I helped us with the move for about an hour after we finished school. I left Ms. D and Mr. I home for an hour or so in the afternoon before Hubby came home so they could spend time with friends. During that time the kids made multiple calls to me, had little fights, and were a bit dysreguated. Even though they weren't alone for very long and I was five minutes away, they acted like I was gone a very, very long time. I wonder what was going through their minds? Were there fears of abandonment? I don't know if they even know why they were so uneasy today. But I'll figure that out later. Tonight I'm resting.

1 comment:

  1. We appreciated your help so much!!! I'm so glad you are so happy to see me ! I feel so loved and cared for and I haven't felt that much in the last two years. <3

    ReplyDelete