Monday, November 11, 2013

Not So Good Timing

The kids are sick today. The timing isn't the best. We had four people look at the house today, two of them for over forty-five minutes. Because of the sickness, we couldn't go to anyone's house. So I got the kids out of bed and into the van, along with the puppy and his crate, and waited on the side of the road until people left. It wasn't very comfortable, but Ms. D was able to sleep.

Later this evening, Microbio Daughter came by to check on us. She was able to pick up some hot and sour soup for the kids, which was so helpful. Ms. D was feeling pretty miserable by the evening, and didn't have much of an appetite. But she did eat the soup.

I'm hoping that I don't catch the same thing. There is too much to do. Hopefully we can sell the house quickly.

OK, it looks like I need to think of some things to be thankful. I can choose to dwell on the negative, or find something to be grateful for. One will bring me down, the other will lift me up. So here is the list:

1. There seems to be a lot of interest in the house.
2. The house looks nice. It is in better shape than ever.
3. The kids didn't get sick when we were trying to get the house painted and repaired.
4. So far I'm healthy.
5. The sickness is keeping the kids out of trouble in the neighborhood.
6. I have an awesome family that helps when things get rough.
7. I have friends who care for me and are an encouragement.
8. Hubby is meeting new people in Washington.
9. There are some pretty nice places that we can get once we sell our home here.
10. Technology makes it so I can keep in contact with Hubby.

1 comment:

  1. Those ARE all blessings, and I hear you about choosing to focus on those and not the hard/negative things. I am praying the kids are better now, and you stayed healthy!

    ReplyDelete