Sunday, December 29, 2013

In Our New Home

We now live on an island in the beautiful Northwest!


I love the home that Hubby picked out. The daylight basement makes it big enough for the teens, yet it won't feel overly large when the kids leave the nest. It is within walking distance to the ferry, only about a mile and a half. Hubby gets a boat ride to work every day! I was walking downtown on Christmas eve, and couldn't believe that I lived in such a nice place. People take vacations on our island, yet I get to live here!

We moved in a few days before Christmas, so things are pretty busy. I even drove down to San Jose and back during the past week to pick up some more of our belongings we stored at the older girls' place. In about forty-two hours, I drove for thirty one of them! No wonder I feel exhausted!

I'll write more later about the trip up here, spending time at the in-laws, Microbio Daughter's visit which helped the kids adjust, and celebrating Christmas in the middle of a move. But now it's time to get back to the job of unpacking and organizing.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're settling in there, Linda. Still hard to believe you've moved! I'm keenly aware of the adjustment and tasks ahead, so will continue to keep you in prayer. So cool to live on an island! We vacation at a place like that on the East Coast and I always find it exciting to take the ferry and imagine living there year round. Congratulations and all our best wishes for a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! May God bless you all over and over through this life transition. So nice to hear you are well, and will be looking forward to the next installment in the story. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still can't believe you are THERE instead of here! The kids look happy in the pics. I know though that looks can be deceiving. Are they adjusting well? Praying for you and them that you get peace!

    ReplyDelete